We’ve all come to be aware of the importance of immune health for staying fit and healthy, but fewer people are aware of some of the other benefits of a robust immune system. One such benefit is the effect that your immune health has on your skin, hair and nails.
The immune system is kind of like the engine for your body. If it’s not functioning properly, then your body can’t get where it needs to go. Poor immune health and autoimmune diseases can also lead to increased inflammation in the body, which has negative effects on your skin, hair and nails. It leads to inflamed, puffy and acne prone skin that looks fragile. Bu contrast, skin displaying healthy immune function will appear plump, smooth and hydrated, with no signs of inflammation or dryness. Similarly with your hair and nails - if you have poor Immune health this can lead to brittle hair and nails, weak and dry hair, and even hair loss.
So how do you help to boost your immune system? Check out our five tips below:
1. Eat a low inflammatory diet and avoid processed foods, alcohol and sugar as much as possible.
2. Get enough sleep - poor sleep weakens your immune function and increases your risk of illness - if you’re having trouble with this why not try our Sleep + Immunity supplement to boost your sleep and immune system naturally.
3. Exercise - regular moderate exercise has been shown to boost the immune system and improve cardiovascular health.
4. Stay hydrated - your body needs water to function properly, so make sure you’re getting an adequate amount each day.
5. Avoid deficiencies - try supplementing, especially in the winter months when most people are deficient in essential vitamins and minerals such as Vitamin C, Vitamin D and Zinc. Try our Essential Immunity supplement to get everything you need to support proper immune function.
To conclude, proper immune function is important not just for your overall health, but also for your beauty regime, as it has a profound effect on your hair, skin and nails.
Check out our range of unique immunity supplements below and make sure to incorporate them as part of your overall health and beauty routine.
Back to News